Audre Lorde

Audre Lorde

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

JOURNAL #16

16. Explain a significant experience, achievement, risk you have taken, or ethical dillema you have faced and its impact on you.

The decision to dedicate one's life to the IB programme is a risk and an achievement I have yet to overcome. The rigor of the programmd was very pressing on me at first instance. All my free time was terminated from an expanse of 5 hours or more to none. Overcoming internet addiction was a problem as the laptop was my enemy in providing infinite hours of distractions and leaving my homework abandoned. Because of many distractions, my grades were lowered and so was my self confidence in surviving IB; however I took my early days of failure as an experience to learn from to better improve myself. I had to assimilate to the work ethics previous IB students had to take on . I gave up my internet life for better grades and well night's rest. The overwhelming stress because of the change in my lethargic lifestyle strained my emotional well-being into an irritable subject on the verge of exploding in tears; however, I realized that I can experience pain now because pain isn't forever and then later experience relief. The main reason I took IB was because I wanted a challenge, and to overcome this challenge successfully for the duration of two school years will definitly be an achievement to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment