Audre Lorde

Audre Lorde

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

JOURNAL #13

13. Write a letter to your future college roommate introducing yourself and your background.


Dear College Roomate:

I definitly hope that I will establish a known existence in your life and possibly leave a positive engravment in your experience in relationship building with many eccentric people. I'll first have you know that I am introverted and that I do not require much social contact otherwise, excessive social activity will make me sick to the stomach so accept my lifestyle of a borderline hermit, which the open and general public do not tend to follow. I may consider myself insipid at times and at other times; an undeniable genius who has lived the fullest to their own experiences; however, people have described me as spontaneous and very comedic and/or a nuisance once they get to know me. I am at full acceptance that I can be annoying because I can apprehend that they cannot understand me, which is not to say that you would not be able to either. I obssess over surreal humor in the form of loving all things conceivable in terrible taste, so I may adorn my side of our dorm with the stupors of irony which I can freely purchase out of the confinements of my parent's abode and budget; however it is in my belief that almost every hip college student strives to appear ironic in fashion because that seems to be the popular consensus in recent days, unfortunatly, as I strive to be as independent as possible.
In my high school days at Castle Park High, the only extracurricular activity I participated in was marching band, not to mention cross country of which I lacked the dedication to stick with for only but a week's worth of practice. I moved up from the bass line to the snare drum, as co-section leader of the drumline; however, not a very confident leader.
I was also in the top 5 of the '13 class until the rigor of the IB programme ruined my position on top due to destructive self habits I developed in previous years.

I hope we become well acquanted as our time spent together will strive on understanding one another and possibly support eachother throughout our college life with a positive relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment